Thursday, March 21, 2013

Horseback Riding and Ellis Island


Catherine has begun horseback riding lessons! That's her learning how to lead Jelly Bean at Spring Willow Farm up the street.

She and her instructor Adri meet every Thursday after school, and each week Catherine CAN'T WAIT for Thursday!  Today she actually rode for the first time, but I do not have photos of that yet. I'll shoot some of that action next week.
Meredith took part in a night of theater and song by all of the second-graders. The main theme was Immigration, and this was the finale to their learning unit. There was also an in-school Ellis Island reenactment (I played one of the examiners in the medical room), and Meredith wrote an essay about her great-great grandmother (or tartarabuela), Ellen Veronica Noone.



 There she is entering the auditorium and up on stage.

Loyal fans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment